My name is Sinead and I am the creator of The Transformation Practice. I can honestly say I have been through so much on my journey to wellness and I have transformed my life entirely more than once, not always in the most positive of ways.
How, I hear you ask?
- I moved schools and went from anxiety crippled school girl (battling bullies and hiding in the library at lunchtime) to a strong, confident and popular young student representative.
- I flipped from highest achiever in the year to biggest party girl in the department at Uni…
- I graduated, quit the party lifestyle and pursued a career in television, I became a professional TV producer and travelled the country.
- I gave up my job at the BBC in the UK to follow my dream of travelling the world.
- I went from backpacker to official Citizen when I co-founded a successful 6 figure television industry business in Australia.
- I struggled with a career crisis and sold my company to pursue a new journey in health in and wellness.
- I worked out I valued my sanity over money.
- I beat anxiety and depression, I found new ways of living.
- I recovered from a narcissistic co-dependant relationship.
- I kicked negative people out of my life and found a new tribe.
- I found true love and stopped dating emotionally unavailable men.
- I finally began to value myself in every way. Life, love, career, health, everything.
Reprogramming your life is always scary.
Change is never easy and I am always terrified right before I make any big changes in my life. But I have discovered that on the other side of every debilitating knee-knocking fear I have faced so far, has been the most blissful transformation I have ever encountered.
So what’s the secret to transforming your life for the better?
- Change your focus. Look at where you want to be. Not the past, not the present, not the future you don’t want. You must focus on where you want to be otherwise you’ll crash into a tree, or end up on the wrong road or worse run out of steam on the road to nowhereville.
- Be kind to yourself. You are the manager of your own life, don’t be the guy who shouts at his team all day long. Be the guy who uses praise and positive motivation to get results! You are your biggest critic in your life and that voice in your head, the internal monologue, the one that only you hear all day long should be your best friend and your biggest supporter. Drown yourself with compliments and encouraging statements ALL DAY LONG. Praise yourself, compliment yourself on the little wins and reward yourself for the big ones. Be your best friend!
- Take time out. Have you ever asked yourself why we need to sleep at night? Rest is essential for growth. It is the time we need to switch off for rest and repair. Burnt out is real, I have been there and I know now that the only way to beat it, is with rest. Rest your mind, with mindfulness. Rest your soul with meditation. Rest your body with self-care. It is critical to give ourselves the space, time and nourishment we need to re-boot so that we can continue to grow.
- Choose your social circle wisely. Did you know that you are the average of the first 5 people you spend the most time with? Surround yourself with people who inspire you, people who build you up. You know those people that radiate energy and good vibes? I call them radiators or fountains- those guys give you life! Kick out the nay-sayers, the emotional vampires and critics masquerading as friends. You’ll know who they are when you leave their company feeling weaker than you did when you met them.
I started The Transformation Practice to inspire women and help them on their journey to transforming their lives for the better. I want to create a community of empowered women who can support each other on the journey to wellness.
I have incorporated the 3 tools I have found to be most powerful on my journey so far in to the The Transformation Practice coaching, these are Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP), Mindfulness and Hypnotherapy. These 3 tools have helped me to transform my life from rock-bottom mess of anxiety, depression and self-hatred to passionate, self-loving, empathetic, empowered wellness coach and I can’t wait to help you get started on your journey.
Keep an eye on my blog page for interesting articles on health and wellness and be sure to check out my FREE COPING WITH COV19 ONLINE COURSE for a few helpful hints and tips on how boost your wellbeing, even during this world pandemic.
STAY STRONG, STAY WELL & BE KIND 🙂